Carotid Arterial System Ultrasound Scan
- 30 minute appointment
- This scan is available to women from the age of 16 years.
The scan is performed to check the blood flow through both the Carotid arteries through the neck. As well as perform an assessment of size and condition of the arteries in the neck.
- Continuous headache
- Problems with blurred vision
- Slurred speech
- Weakness of right, left or both sides of the body
- Transient Ischaemic Attack (Mini Stroke)
PREPARATION FOR YOUR SCAN:
- Ultrasound probe is applied to the neck area
- Wear appropriately loose or removable upper clothing
- Please remove all neck jewellery
- Maintain routine medication
A full report will be compiled for your GP to follow up.