Deep Vein Thrombosis Scan (DVT)
One Leg £89 / Two Legs £109
- Unilateral Scan (1 leg examined) 20 minute appointment
- Bilateral Scan (2 legs examined) 40 minute appointment
- This scan is available to men from the age of 16 years.
The scan is performed to check the venous blood flow in the legs.
As well as:
- Exclude the presence of thrombus (blood clot)
- Unilateral Scan ( x1 Leg examined) 20 Minutes Scan
- Bilateral Scan ( x 2 legs examined) 30 Minutes Scan
- Legs pain
- Redness along the shins
- Swelling of the lower extremities of the legs
- Family history of DVT
PREPARATION FOR YOUR SCAN:
- Ultrasound applied from the groin down the leg
- Wear loose fitted clothing
- Maintain routine medication
A full report will be compiled for your GP to follow up.