Aortic Surveillance Scan (Ultrasound)
- 20 minute appointment
- This scan is available to women from the age of 16 years.
The scan is performed to check the size, shape and condition of the aorta. As well as detection of abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA) and monitoring aortic dilation. We can also check the narrowing of aorta due to any blood clot or plaque etc.
- Pulsatile abdominal mass
- Family history of AAA
PREPARATION FOR YOUR SCAN:
- Do not eat anything 6-8hours before the scan
- Drink only clear fluids e.g. water, tea or coffee without milk
- Ultrasound probe applied on the abdomen
- Please remove abdominal piercings
- Maintain routine medication
A full report will be compiled for your GP to follow up.