Post Menopause Scan
- 30 minute appointment
- This scan is available to women when menstruation has stopped for 12 months or more.
The Post menopause scan is performed to check the size, shape and condition of the uterus, ovaries and lining of the womb. In this scan, we can also detect the presence of ovarian cysts and pelvic inflammatory diseases (PID). Finally, this scan also involves the monitoring of the effects of HRT and Cancer Screening.
- Family history of ovarian cancer
- After-effects of HRT
- Irregular Bleeding
- Abdominal bloating
PREPARATION FOR YOUR SCAN:
- Ultrasound probe applied to the lower abdomen
- Wear loose clothing
- You may be offered transvaginal (internal) scan with your consent
- Full bladder required, drink 3-4 pints of water 1 hour before the scan
A full report will be compiled for your GP to follow up.