Post Menopause Scan
- 30 minute appointment
- This scan is available to women when menstruation has stopped for 12 months or more.
The scan is performed to check the size, shape and condition of the uterus, ovaries and lining of the womb. In this scan we can also detect the presence of ovarian cysts and pelvic inflammatory diseases (PID). Finally this scan also involves the monitoring of the effects of HRT and Cancer Screening.
- Family history of ovarian cancer
- After-effects of HRT
- Irregular Bleeding
- Abdominal bloating
PREPARATION FOR YOUR SCAN:
- Ultrasound probe applied to lower abdomen
- Wear loose clothing
- You may be offered transvaginal (internal) scan with your consent
- Full bladder required, drink 3-4 pints of water 1 hour prior to the scan
A full report will be compiled for your GP to follow up.