Prostate, Kidney and Bladder Scan
- 20 minute appointment
- This scan is available to men from the age of 16 years.
The scan is performed to check the shape, size & condition of the bladder as well as both the kidneys. With this we can detect the existence of any Urinary Tract Infections, stones or any obstructions in the kidneys & bladder
- Urinary retention
- Increased urinary frequency especially at night
- Blood in urine and semen
- Feeling that your bladder has not emptied fully
PREPARATION FOR YOUR SCAN:
- Trans-abdominal Ultrasound probe is applied to the prostate region
- Drink 1-2 pints of water an hour before the scan
- Wear loose fitted clothing
- Maintain routine medication
- A FULL BLADDER IS NEEDED FOR THIS EXAMINATION
A full report will be compiled for your GP to follow up.