Kidney,Ureter & Bladder Scan
- 20 minute appointment
- This scan is available to women from the age of 16 years.
The scan is performed to check the shape, size & condition of the bladder, both kidneys & ureter. As well as this we check for the existence of any Urinary Tract Infections and stones or any obstructions in the kidneys & bladder.
- Abdominal pain radiating to the back
- Urinary retention
- Increased urinary frequency especially at night
- Blood in urine
PREPARATION FOR YOUR SCAN:
- Ultrasound probe is applied to the kidney region
- Drink 1-2 pints of water an hour before the scan
- Wear loose fitted clothing
- Maintain routine medication
- A FULL BLADDER IS NEEDED FOR THIS EXAMINATION
A full report will be compiled for your GP to follow up.