- 30 minute appointment
- This scan is available to women from the age of 16 years.
A fertility scan is performed to check the uterus & ovaries as well as the lining of the womb and possible fertility prospects.
A uterus scan and ovaries scan will indicate the following:
- Assessment of uterus & ovaries before conceiving a baby and/or IVF treatment
- Estimate ovulation date
- Measure endometrial thickness
- Follicle tracking
PREPARATION FOR YOUR SCAN:
- Ultrasound probe applied to the lower abdomen
- Wear loose clothing
- You may be offered transvaginal (internal) scan with your consent
- Full bladder required. Please drink 3-4 pints of water 1 hour prior to the scan
A full report will be compiled for your GP to follow up.