Pelvic Well-Being Scan
- 20 minute appointment
- This scan is available to women from the age of 16 years.
This scan is performed to check the size and condition of the uterus, ovaries and lining of the womb. We also conduct an Ovarian Cancer Screening.
- Painful and heavy periods
- Polycystic ovaries
- Family history of ovarian cancer
PREPARATION FOR YOUR SCAN:
- Ultrasound probe applied to lower abdomen
- Wear loose clothing
- You may be offered transvaginal (internal) scan with your consent
- Full bladder required. Please drink 3-4 pints of water 1 hour prior to the scan
A full report will be compiled for your GP to follow up.