Pelvic Well-Being Scan
- 20 minute appointment
- This scan is available to women from the age of 16 years.
The Pelvic well-being scan is performed to check the size and condition of the uterus, ovaries and lining of the womb. We also conduct an Ovarian Cancer scan within this.
- Painful and heavy periods
- Polycystic ovaries
- Family history of ovarian cancer
PREPARATION FOR YOUR SCAN:
- Ultrasound probe applied to the lower abdomen
- Wear loose clothing
- You may be offered transvaginal (internal) scan with your consent
- Full bladder required. Please drink 3-4 pints of water 1 hour before the scan
A full report will be compiled for your GP to follow up.