General Abdominal Scan
- 30 minute appointment
- This scan is available to men and women from the age of 16 years.
The scan is performed to check the:
- Size & condition of the upper abdominal organs
- Including aorta, biliary tract, gall bladder, liver, kidneys, pancreas and spleen
- Assess the kidney function and detect any presence of gall stones or polyps etc.
- Upper and lower abdominal pain
- Detection of gallstones/polyps
- Abnormal liver function
- Unexplained weight loss
- Do not to eat anything 6-8 hours before the scan
- Drink only clear fluids e.g. water, tea or coffee without milk
- Ultrasound probe applied on the abdomen
- Please remove abdominal piercings
- Maintain routine medication
A report will be compiled for your GP to follow up.