General Abdominal Scan
- 30 minute appointment
- This scan is available to women from the age of 16 years.
The scan is performed to check the size & condition of the upper abdominal organs including aorta, biliary tract, gall bladder, liver, kidneys, pancreas and spleen. We also assess the kidney function and detect any presence of gall stones or polyps etc.
- Upper and lower abdominal pain
- Detection of gallstones/polyps
- Abnormal liver function
- Unexplained weight loss
PREPARATION FOR YOUR SCAN:
- Do not to eat anything 6-8 hours before the scan
- Drink only clear fluids e.g. water, tea or coffee without milk
- Ultrasound probe applied on the abdomen
- Please remove abdominal piercings
- Maintain routine medication
A report will be compiled for your GP to follow up.